Click Photo to Enlarge
Need Help or Info? CEO@RazorRazor.com or 414-333-3300
BeltSword – RazorSword Laminated Heavy Weights
- Overview – Laminated Heavy Weight Class – Easy to Use with Practice – The 1.65″ wide BeltSword System, is a containment system for the 1.5″ wide by 26″, 28″, 29″, 31″ or 33″ long Laminated RazorSword Weapon System. The RazorSword encircles your waist in total comfort; it is concealed inside a black leather belt as it goes through your belt loops. The RazorSword is totally hidden and concealed, and “safely secured/retained” inside our patented belt containment system…known as a Flexible Linked Steel Containment Rail System. A simple twist the belt will release the handle…followed by an instant “draw and strike” of the RazorSword onto the target. The “draw and strike” is completed in one fluid motion…sub-second under stress. From the outside, the “Belt and Containment System” appears to be a normal casual black leather belt.
- Verbose –Yes, we could use a lot less words describing our products; however, as design engineers we have a penchant for detail, and perfection.
- IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE READ– Important for a Correct Fit– The total overall length of the Laminated RazorSword needs to be a minimum of 4″-5″ less than your waist size. You must measure through your belt loops with a cloth tape measure or string; while wearing a heavy denim like shirt. Belt and pants sizes do not give an accurate measurement for the Flexible Linked Containment Rail System that is attached to our custom leather or tactical belt.
- Laminations – The Key to Comfort – The Laminated Heavy-Weight RazorSwords were designed to be easy to bend and secure due to a series of laminated thinner blades that together are much more flexible than a single mono-blade of the same weight and thickness. The weight of one Laminated RazorSword may even be heavier than a mono-blade; yet the laminated blade is generally more comfortable to wear and easier to bend and secure. Even though the laminated blade is thicker and heavier; the laminated heavy weight blade is more flexible. Again, this is due to the multiple thin blade layers; in which the blade laminations literally “float” upon each other at the molecular level…creating a flexible and more comfortable blade and weapon system.
- Lamination Process – Laminated RazorSwords are generally constructed from two thinner spring steel blades. (However some custom blades could be manufactured with three or more thin spring steel blades) They are laminated with the physics of molecular adhesion; the laminations form one blade, with very unique properties. The heavyweight Laminated RazorSword is an engineering marvel; the laminated blades literally “float” on each other at the molecular level…they float on a liquid sticky-grease substrate. The physics of molecular adhesion will not allow the blades to separate, or break apart. This special “floating process” allows for the release of “spring tension energy” during bending and striking; this guarantees the integrity of the steel…which produces a blade that is nearly indestructible. (Once or twice each year; it may be necessary to re-apply the sticky/tacky grease to the inner laminated blade surface – this is an easy process that takes about 10-15 minutes) See simple lamination video and concrete block crushing demos.
- Attributes & Differences: The Heavyweight Laminated RazorSwords were designed to be much-much heavier and more rigid than the Feather Weight or Light Weight RazorSwords…but still easy to bend and secure. (Laminated Blades may not always be the best for thrusting; see specifications below. If you prefer a more rigid blade for thrusting…yet a blade that is slightly lighter and faster; please see the Apex Predator Series) The laminated heavy weight blades are great for beginners to experts, and are generally easy to use!
- Belt Loops Sizing: Belt loops need to be absolutely no less than 2.0” – 2.25″ inside height to allow the belt and containment system to pass easily through your belt loops. If your belt loops are too small; there are many “blue jeans” that have the larger belt-loops, or find a tailor that will easily increase the inside height of your belt loops. (There is material “left over” at both ends of most belt loops to increase their height) Your two front belt loops are never threaded with the belt containment system – so they are not affected. See videos!
- BeltSword General Information – The BeltSword Weapon System (BWS) was originally designed for executive protection, self-defense, and martial arts. The BWS meets the zero compromise criteria imposed by covert operations. RazorSwords are capable of consistent sub-second deployment under stress.
- Deployment – A simple twist of your belt will instantly deploy the RazorSword with either a forward or reverse grip. (Handle deployment is “down & out” – below the belt)
- Body Contour Weapon System – The RazorSword is “auto-adjusting”; it automatically fits the “body-contour” for your specific anatomy.
- RazorSword Spring Steel – 1075/1095 the combination of the finest quality high carbon spring steel…with our proprietary heat treating and tempering process; has allowed the RazorSword a near indestructible reputation.
- RazorSword Point – The RazorSword tip is a variant of the “tanto or katana-type”; however, it is designed with an extreme 21-degree angle to create a needle-nose penetrating point. Shorter blades at 26-inches or below have a 45-degree angle point; slightly increasing the weight of the tip and striking power.
- Blade – Blades sold not sharp due to liability reasons. (A dull laminated heavyweight RazorSword can easily crush through concrete blocks) There may be no reason to initially sharpen the blade. Due to your liability; we suggest you train with a dull blade only, and sharpen the blade only if absolutely necessary.
BeltSword Weapon System Package Contains
- RazorSword, Belt & Containment System are All Included in Purchase – see Below
- RazorSword (One sword – not sharp)- 1095 specially tempered high carbon spring steel
- Choose Length and Weight Class from Drop Down List Above
- Middle Weight Class – .064″ thick laminated blade in 28″-29″ length
- Heavy Weight Class – .070″ thick laminated blade in 31″ length
- Super Heavy Weight Class – .084″ thick laminated blade in 33″ length
- Leather Belt – 100% pure top grain cowhide leather – heavy duty
- Containment System – Lightweight Flexible Linked Steel Containment Rail System
- Notched Tool for Slotted Barrel Nut – Special notched custom tool; allows for easy installation and removal of barrel nuts that hold the containment clips to the belt.
- Hardware and Instructions – Containment system hardware & instructions
- Guarantee for Life Against Catastrophic Failure – Highest quality 1075/1095 high carbon spring steel has allowed the RazorSword to attain a near indestructible reputation.
RazorSword Specs – Laminated Blade – Sold Not Sharp
- 28″ RazorSword Specs – Middle Weight Class: 1.5″ wide x .064″ Thick @ 12 Ounces – Fair Thrusting Ability – The 28″ RazorSword is designed for small waist sizes; typically for a 32″, or 33″ waist size, and above.
- 29” RazorSword Specs – Middle Weight Class: 1.5” Wide x .064″ Thick @ 12.6 Ounces – Fair Thrusting Ability – For waist sizes 33″ and above
- 31″ RazorSword Specs – Heavy Weight Class: 1.5” Wide x .070″ Thick @ 15.1 Ounces – Fair to Good Thrusting Ability – For waist sizes 36″ and above
- 33″ RazorSword Specs – Super Heavy Weight Class: 1.5” Wide x .084″ Thick @ 1.2 Pounds / 18 Ounces – Good to Very Good Thrusting Ability – For waist sizes 38″ and above
RazorSword Laminated Blade – For Very Small Waists
- The Laminated RazorSword Blades Below: Are designed for smaller people and very small waists. We use a 45-degree angle point; the 45-degree angle will add some weight to the RazorSword tip…this will enhance cutting capabilities. However the 25″ and 26″ Laminated RazorSwords are not designed for thrusting. They are a cutting weapon, and not a thrusting weapon.
- 25″ RazorSword Specs – Light Weight Class: 1.5″ wide x .050″ Thick @ 9 Ounces – NO Thrusting Ability – The 25″ RazorSword is designed for very small waist sizes; for waist sizes 29″ and above.
- 26” RazorSword Specs – Light Weight Class: 1.5” Wide x .050″ Thick @ 12.6 Ounces – NO Thrusting Ability – The 26″ RazorSword is designed for very small waist sizes; for waist sizes 30″ and above.
- We are currently accepting orders for the 25″ and 26″ Laminated RazorSword. Please contact us directly at CEO@RazorRazor.com or 414-333-3300. The cost is $199.95 plus SH&I.
Blade Cutting and Thrusting Capabilities Below
- 25″ and 26″ Laminated RazorSwords: The 25″ and 26″ Laminated RazorSwords are non-thrusting weapons. Although they are great cutting weapons; they do not have the rigidness for thrusting, and were never designed for thrusting.
- 29″ Middle Weight, and 31″ Heavy Weight Laminated Blades: To increase thrusting capabilities; #1 sharpen the tip, #2 hand placement should be all the way to the hilt. When “choking-up” on the blade; this will “shorten” blade length…making the blade much more rigid to enhance penetration. (Note: The 31″ Laminated RazorSword will be slightly more effective in thrusting than the 29″ Middle Weight – This is due to the 31-inch blade being thicker and more rigid)
- 33″ Laminated Super Heavy Weight: The 33″ Laminated Super Heavy Weight blade is capable of good to very-good thrusting capabilities; provided you sharpen the point. Chocking up on the handle to the hilt will again make thrusting more effective; by essentially making the blade shorter and more rigid. The Laminated blades were designed mainly as a crushing and or cutting weapon…with good cutting ability when properly sharpened. (For optimum cutting and thrusting see the Apex Predator Series – Mono Blade)
- Medieval Sword Fighting: Knights would “choke up” onto the sword blade…grasping part of the bare steel blade. Knights would sharpen only the area of the blade that “would not contact the hand as it grasps the bare metal blade”.
Massachusetts, California, & New York – Please Read Legal Disclaimer – Click Here