Click on Photos to Enlarge
Need Help or Info? CEO@RazorRazor.com or 414-333-3300
1.5″ APEX Machete – Concealed Tactical Machete
- IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE READ – Important for a Correct Fit – The total length of the RazorMachete needs to be a minimum of 4″-5″ less than your waist size (A 6″-7″ difference may add to a comfortable fit). If you intend to wear the system through your belt loops; please measure your waist while wearing a heavier “denim like shirt” and undershirt…you must measure through your belt loops with a cloth tape measure or string…slightly snug…not tight. Pants and belt sizes DO NOT give an accurate measurement for the Containment System that is attached to our custom tactical or leather belts.
- The wider nylon Tactical Battle Belts at 2.25″ and 2.75″ are more comfortable than the 1.65″ wide leather belts. For civilians, the Nylon Tactical Battle Belts “ride” just above the belt-line on an area “of the torso that is very comfortable”. (The 2.25″ / 2.75″ Battle Belts DO NOT go through belt loops) The 2.25″ wide and 2.75″ wide nylon Battle Belts are available upon request for the 1.5″ APEX blade. The 1.65″ wide leather belt comes standard with the APEX Series…it is a totally covert tactical RazorMachete…looks like a normal black leather belt. If you have decided upon an APEX blade rather than a standard 2.0″ or 2.5″ RazorMachete; we recommend the Middle Weight APEX 1.5″ blade (As a starter). The more rigid APEX 1.5″ wide by .055″ thick Light Heavy Weight or 1.5″ wide by .062″ thick Heavy Weight blades are designed for those with greater edged weapon/tool experience.
- APEX RazorMachete 1.5″ Wide Blade – Tactical / Survival – APEX is a superior tactical survival system. APEX 1.5″ Middle Weight is slightly heavier, better balanced, and more rigid than the 2″ Wide RazorMachete Middle Weight. Comparing APEX to the 2.5 Wide RazorMachete Heavy Weight; the 2.5″ is heavier…with a much wider blade. (See weight classifications bottom of page & compare with other RazorMachetes on different pages) The 1.5″ RazorMachete is an excellent cutting tool/weapon.
- APEX 1.5″ Middle Weight Skill Level Requirements – To take full advantage of the APEX system; we recommended a basic intermediate skill level…experience with edged weapons or sharp machete type tools. Because the Middle Weight APEX is slightly more rigid than the 2″ RazorMachete, and because the 1.5″-wide APEX is typically worn through the belt loops; it may be slightly more challenging to “bend & secure” than the more flexible 2.0″-wide RazorMachete Middle Weight. (Compare: See RazorMachete – 2″ Wide using the 2.25″ wide Tactical Nylon Battle Belt – please view in the other website window category)
- Cutting Ability – The 1.5″ APEX RazorMachete is not designed to cut down trees like an axe; however, it will easily cut down saplings, branches, small trees, grass, brush, and 99% of what the average camper, hiker, or survivalist will encounter. Due to advances in our blade technology; an APEX blade that is long, light, thin, and fast…will out-perform other machetes…with effortless / fatigueless cutting.
- Apex Predator Series – RazorMachete Mono-Blade – The 1.5″ Wide APEX RazorMachete Middle Weight Class has standard length options from 30″ to 36″. The APEX Light Heavy Weight Class is available in lengths from 32″ to 37″. The APEX Heavy Weight Class is available in lengths from 33″ to 40″. (See Weights & Specifications at the Bottom of this Page) The APEX RazorMachete is an Ultra High-Performance Mono-Blade.
- Tool & Weapon – The APEX RazorMachete is more than a hybrid it is a thoroughbred…a high quality “Machete Tool” and a superior “Tactical Weapon”: (1. APEX is designed as an excellent cutting tool; capable of cutting thick and tough materials…small trees, larger branches, jungle vegetation, and heavy vines…yet very efficient/effective in tall grass and brush. (2. APEX is formulated with a high carbon spring steel blade; a blade thicker and more rigid than the 2″-wide or the 2.5″-wide RazorMachete…also making APEX a superior “battle ready weapon”. When properly sharpened; the 1.5″-wide APEX RazorMachete is a formidable concealed tactical weapon system. (Upon Request – Thrusting may be substantially enhanced by changing from the standard 45° machete point to the thin 21° needle nose penetrating point)
- Concealment, and Belt Options: APEX RazorMachete is totally concealed in either a (1. The standard issue 1.65″-wide leather belt. This belt looks like a normal belt for jeans…it is an extra thick, and heavy duty 100% Top Grain leather, or (2. Upon request the 1.5″-wide tactical synthetic “look like leather” belt…with over 1,500-pound break strength is available, or (3. Upon request the 2.25″-wide or 2.75″-wide specially designed military / nylon Tactical Battle Belt is available. All belt systems encircle the waist or torso area in comfort; with our patented Flexible Linked Containment Rail System.
- Belt Option #1 – Unless otherwise requested; the BeltMachete Survival System comes with our high quality 1.65″ wide, extra thick and heavy-duty 100% Top Grain Leather belt with a roller buckle. The 1.65″ leather belt fits only the 1.5″ wide RazorMachete, or RazorSword.
- Belt Option #2 – Upon request, you may opt for the black tactical style 1.5″-wide (Look like leather) “Thermoplastic Polyurethane Coated Nylon Webbing” chemical resistant all weather belt; extremely tough with over a 1,500-pound break strength. (Containment clips are 1.6″ wide on a 1.5″ wide belt; which will create a very slight (0.050″) 50-thousands of an inch “over-lap” on each side of the belt. The overlap is not noticeable…designed to be threaded through your belt-loops)
- Other Belt Options – See other website pages for specifications regarding the nylon web belts…the 2.25″-wide battle belt and 2.75″-wide battle belt. The 1.5″ wide RazorMachete will fit all of our 2.25″-wide and 2.75″-wide military style, Tactical Battle Belt combinations. (Available upon request)
- 1.5″ & 1.65″ Belts for Instant Deployment – Proper training, and practice must be taken first with a dull blade before attempting to “Quick Draw” a sharp RazorMachete / RazorSword, or serious injury is likely. A sub-second deployment and strike was originally designed for the 1.65″ wide and/or 1.5″ wide belt containment systems. The 2.25″ wide and 2.75″ wide belt containment systems are more “tool orientated” and tend to be slower to draw…although with practice a sub-second deployment is possible by reducing the number of containment clips.
- APEX Blade Thickness, Rigidness and Nuances: If you decided that the 1.5″ wide APEX blade is your best option; then which of the three blade weights is recommended for a first-time user??? Should you choose the .050″ thick Middle Weight, or the .055″ thick Light Heavy Weight, or the .062″ thick Heavy Weight blade. For your first APEX purchase: you will be best served to consider the .050″ APEX Middle Weight for the BeltMachete System. The purchase of the heavier, much more rigid .055″ APEX or the extremely rigid .062″ APEX…should be considered only after training with the .050″ APEX Middle Weight. The .050″ thick APEX Middle Weight is a simple blade to use, and easy enough to bend and secure. The APEX Middle Weight Class works well for the novice to the expert. As the thickness of the APEX blade increases from .050″ to .055″ and finally to .062″; so too does the rigidness and weight. Each thickness increase makes for a very large increase in blade rigidness, and corresponding difficulty to use, bend & secure. To Purchase either the .055″ Light Heavy Weight Class or the .062″ Heavy Weight Class; you need to have considerable upper body strength and training in edged weapons, or a military weapons background. (Please compare the 2.0″ wide or 2.5″ wide RazorMachete for your needs – view in other pages on our website)
- Handle Width Options – All RazorMachete handles are manufactured 1.5″ wide; but handles widths may be specially ordered at 1.25″ for smaller hands. (Additional costs may apply)
- Belt Loops: Your belt loops need to be absolutely no less than 2.0” to 2.25″ inside height to allow the system to pass unrestricted through your belt loops. (You may wear this system above your belt line / belt loops…in which case you will not need to worry about the size of your belt loops) If your belt loops are too small; a tailor can easily increase the inside height of your belt loops. Your two front belt loops are never threaded with the belt containment system – so they are not affected. Please see videos!
- Flexible Linked Containment Rail System – Containment clips MUST cover the entire sharp edge of the RazorMachete. If you wish to achieve sub-second deployments; you will probably need to have a shorter sharp edge…allowing you to reduce/limit the number of containment clips in the system…limiting the number of containment clips will reduce resistance …allowing for faster deployments.
- Body Contour Tool & Weapon System – If fitted properly, the BeltMachete is an “auto-adjusting” system; within reason, the BeltMachete System conforms to the “contour” of your specific anatomy and body type.
- Blade – Blades sold “not sharp” for liability reasons. (Training and practice with a dull blade is an absolute necessity – training with a sharp blade will cause serious injury or even death) Sharpening information and services are provided in e-mails after purchase; however for liability reasons, sharpening is at your risk.
- “Katana Curve” – The Apex Predator Series was designed with a very slight “Katana Curve”. However, our proprietary “Katana Curve” is unique to our design. With the sharp edge of the RazorMachete facing downward (Towards earth); the slight blade curve goes from left to right rather than “up & down” as in the Japanese Katana.
- Belt Bumps – Small “belt-bumps” are caused from the reverse spring pressure when the RazorMachete is coiled around the waist. Belt-bumps form at the “tip/point” and at the handle “butt-end” of the RazorMachete. As the length of the RazorMachete decreases…the spring pressure increases…so too increasing the size of the belt-bumps. Belt-bumps may be hidden or reduced by…
- Using a RazorMachete that is less rigid and/or longer
- Blousing your shirt, or other clothing over the small belt-bump
- Tightening your belt to reduce the belt-bump
- Placing a phone case near the belt-bump…hiding it
- Moving the belt horizontally / laterally reducing the belt-bump
APEX RazorMachete Specifications – Sold Not Sharp
- 30″-36″ RazorMachete – Middle Weight Class Specs: 1.5” Wide x .050″ Thick @ 12-13 Ounces
- Somewhat Rigid – Novice to Intermediate Skill Level – With some limited practice the APEX Middle Weight is easy to use, bend and secure. Due to blade rigidness; we recommended that you have a basic intermediate skill level with edged weapons or sharp machete type tools.
- 32″-37″ RazorMachete – Light Heavy Weight Class Specs: 1.5” Wide x .055″ Thick @ 13-15 Ounces
- Very Rigid – Advanced Skill Level – To use the APEX Light Heavy Weight effectively…training and practice is recommended. Do to the increased rigidness of this system; it is recommended that you have an advanced edged weapon background, and or experience with sharp machete like tools. Above average upper body strength is recommended to handle the additional forces created by the increased rigidness of the spring steel. Extra caution is recommended!
- 33″-40″ RazorMachete – Heavy Weight Class Specs: 1.5” Wide x .062″ Thick @ 15-ounces to over 1-Pound
- Extremely Rigid – Expert Skill Level – This blade is so rigid that it is dangerous unless you are an edged weapon expert, military or elite law enforcement. Designed for the edged weapon expert with excellent upper body strength. The accidental release of this blade can propel a razor-sharp tool across a room…causing serious injury or death to anyone in its path. (As the blade exceeds 36-inches in length; rigidness is substantially reduced, and the blade will become less dangerous to use)
- 45-degree Angle – Tactical Point: Designed with an extra sturdy point for cutting; less likely to bend or deform. This is the standard point for the APEX RazorMachete.
- 21-degree Angle – Needle Nose Penetrating Point: Designed for thrusting. The 21-degree needle nose penetrating point is available upon request.
- BeltMachete – Belt Placement Options:
- BeltMachete around waist through side and back belt loops (Front belt loops not threaded – front belt-loops would be cut during deployment).
- BeltMachete system may also be placed above the belt-loops; resting on or above the waist area, and/or over a shirt or jacket.
APEX – BeltMachete Survival System Package Contains
- RazorMachete, Belt & Containment System are All Included in Purchase – See Below
- APEX RazorMachete (One machete – not sharp) – 1075/1095 specially tempered high carbon spring steel.
- Choose One Weight Class from Drop Down List Above
- Middle Weight Class .050″ thick mono-blade – Somewhat Rigid
- Light Heavy Weight Class .055″ thick mono-blade – Very Rigid
- Heavy Weight Class .062″ thick mono-blade – Extremely Rigid
- Leather Belt & Containment System – High quality 100% pure top grain cowhide leather – heavy duty – extra thick. The Flexible Linked Containment Rail System is included and attached to the leather belt; containment system is adjustable. (Other belt options are available upon request)
- Tactical Battle Belt Options Available: 2.25″ wide & 2.75″ wide nylon battle belts.
- Containment System – Lightweight Flexible Linked Steel Containment Rail System. (Patented)
- Notched Flat Head Screw Driver – Special notched screw driver allow for easy installation of barrel nuts.
- Hardware and Instructions – Containment system hardware & instructions.
- Guaranteed for Life Against Catastrophic Failure – Highest quality 1075/1095 high carbon spring steel; has allowed the RazorMachete to attain a near indestructible reputation.
Massachusetts, California, & New York – Please Read Legal Disclaimer – Click Here